Saturday, August 17, 2013

Egg Salad Sandwich- with actual Bread!!!

Thanks to my good friend Jackie I actually was able to enjoy a "real" sandwich the other night for dinner. She recently made a paleo bread recipe courtesy of Elana's Pantry and was kind enough to share a few pieces with myself. I have to say that once this bread was toasted it was really good and I highly recommend making it!

Paleo Bread Recipe Link here:



Egg Salad:
8 Organic Free Range Eggs
1 Cup Chopped Organic Red Pepper
1 Cup Chopped Organic Celery
1 Cup Chopped Green Onion
3 Tbs Mayo (homemade if possible)
Dijon Mustard (I used about 2-3 Tbs)
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
3/4 tsp Dill Weed
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Instructions:
1. Hard boil your eggs (A tip I learned about was to put a tad bit of baking soda in the water to allow the shell to come off easier) (Also, I like to use an egg timer from Crate and Barrel that you actually place in the water with the eggs... that changes color to allow you to see when your eggs are ready)
2. Once your eggs are hard boiled run them under cool water and allow them to cool off. As soon as your eggs are cooled off peel the shells off and dice them up.
3. Combine your chopped peppers, celery and green onion in a large mixing bowl and toss in your diced egg.
4. Throw in your mayo and seasonings, refrigerate and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment