Sunday, June 9, 2013

Thai Basil Beef Lettuce Wraps

Looking to try something different... compliments of Everyday Paleo this recipe definitely fit the bill. Although I had to substitute dried Thai Basil it still turned out really good. (Oh and I will confess I could not find paleo fish sauce even after scowering the shelves of Whole Foods, so I settled on one that was close enough) It appeared that all of the fish sauces I was picking up contained sugar... which I know was being used as a preservative but it still angered me. 


Ingredients:
2 Lbs Grass Fed Beef
1 Lrg Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced (I bought 2 organic- since organic were smaller than conventional)
1 Med Organic Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
2 Bunches Thai Basil Leaves (I subbed dried Thai Basil)
3 Organic Garlic Cloves, minced
3 Tbs Coconut Aminos
2 tsp Fish Sauce
2 tsp Hot Chili Sauce (I found paleo friendly hot sauce at whole foods- Sriracha is listed but it is NOT paleo)
Juice from 1 Lime
2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbs Coconut Oil
Several Organic Romaine Leaves

Instructions:
In a large skillet heat your coconut oil over medium heat. Add your bell peppers and onions and saute until tender.


Remove the peppers and onions from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan brown your grass fed beef.


While your beef is cooking, whisk together your aminos, fish sauce, lime juice, hot sauce, sesame oil and garlic.
Add your peppers and onions back to the pan with your beef once your meat is cooked, pour your sauce, add your thai basil and stir well.


Scoop your meat into your leaves of lettuce and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment