Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Paleo Fudge

Lately I've been craving chocolate... this definitely did the trick

After much convincing and even nagging I have recently gotten my parents more on board with Paleo. My mom was actually the one who stumbled upon this recipe. She tested the waters so to speak, and after tasting hers I decided to tweak it a bit. Here's what I came up with...

Paleo Fudge


Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (I opted for a bit less and used more like 1/4 Cup)
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder (Trader Joes is what I used)
1/2 Cup Raw Creamy or Crunchy Almond Butter (your preference- I went with crunchy only because it was already opened)
1/4 Cup Raw Honey or Maple Syrup (I opted for Maple Syrup since it was leftover from our pancakes) (be sure it's 100% maple syrup)
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Handful of Walnuts

Instructions:
Melt your coconut oil. I simply placed mine in the microwave, but the stove top would work as well. Blend all your ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pour your fudge into a paper lined muffin tin or silicone muffin cups. I went with the mini size, because this is pretty rich and the mini muffin tin seemed to be the perfect serving size. Chill for 30 minutes or freeze for 10. When firm, remove from your muffin tin and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. 

1 comment: