Sunday, February 24, 2013

Star's Spicy Spaghetti Squash

Now there's a title with a ring to it... I'm sure everyone enjoyed Star's spaghetti squash from the party yesterday. And for those who weren't fortunate enough to either try it, or join us yesterday I was able to strong arm her (with my good arm) into sharing her top secret recipe with us. LUCKY US!!!!



Ingredients:

1 Spaghetti Squash 
1 Pkg of Lean Ground Turkey (I purchased mine from Trader Joes)
Cilantro (Star recommended 3 Frozen Cubes- but I just purchased a fresh bundle)
Olive Oil
Kielbasa (I purchased mine from Trader Joes- it was paleo friendly)
1 Pkg of Frozen Grilled Peppers and Onions (Trader Joes has fire roasted which is always good)
Spinach (I used just a handful)
4 oz Canned Green Chiles (Trader Joes again was good for this)
10 oz can of Roasted Tomatoes with Chiles (You got it, I bought mine from Trader Joes)
1 Jar of your favorite Paleo Salsa- (be sure to check for added sugar in your salsa- I bought mine from Target, there was only 1 jar that was paleo friendly out of the whole isle)

Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Once your oven is preheated place your whole spaghetti squash in a dish and cook for around 45 minutes. While you squash is cooking you can start browning your lean ground turkey in a pan with olive oil, or bacon fat, if you happen to have some handy.


Once your turkey is pretty much cooked all the way through add your canned green chiles, roasted tomatoes, and your frozen grilled peppers and onions. Cover and cook for a bit longer.



After your frozen veggies have cooked down a bit toss in your spinach and your cilantro and stir everything up. Next toss in your kielbasa and your salsa. You can simply eye ball the salsa, I found that it didn't need very much at all but that was just me.




Now it's time to take your spaghetti squash and slice it lengthwise in half. Remove your seeds and simply shred your squash with a fork into "noodles".


After you have begun to shred your squash into noodles simply add that in a large mixing bowl to your veggie, kielbasa, turkey mixture.



Plate and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment