Sunday, February 10, 2013

Waldorf Tuna Salad

Looking for a quick and easy lunch or possibly a dinner that's minimal work?

Of course you are... we all are. Our days are long, and our days off are short. So it only makes sense that quick and easy meals are far more appealing than the ones that are more difficult. I stumbled upon this recipe while flipping through a cookbook I bought for Kyle a while back. Guess it turned into one of those back handed gifts... and we all know about those. The book was titled Well Fed (Paleo Recipes for people who love to eat) and below is the recipe...

Waldorf Tuna Salad


Ingredients:
1 Small Apple
2-3 Scallion Onions (thinly sliced- tops only)
5 Pecan Halves (chopped)
1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves (I opted to just sprinkle the dried- as I didn't have fresh)
2 Cans Tuna (I prefer Albacore)
1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
3-4 Tbs Mayo (home made if possible- I cheated and used Trader Joes Organic)
Salt & Pepper to Taste (I nixed the salt, it really didn't need it)

Instructions:
Place apple, scallion tops, nuts and parsley in a medium sized bowl and mix with a fork.
Drain the liquid from your tuna and add the tuna to the bowl. Mash with a fork to break it up so that no big chunks remain.


Add the mustard and mayo to the bowl and mix with a spatula until blended. Add your salt and pepper if desired (I saw no reason to add salt). Allow your tuna salad to let stand for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.


Serve over a sliced apple and topped with a pecan for a beautiful presentation.



No comments:

Post a Comment