Monday, March 25, 2013

Egg Drop Soup

Having never tried egg drop soup I do have to say, this turned out pretty gosh darn good. It makes me question why every egg drop soup isn't paleo already... it's basically veggies, eggs and broth. We had this for dinner last night with chicken fried "rice" and it was excellent. (see previous post on how to make fried "rice") I added chicken to my rice- and sauteed the chicken in sesame oil & olive oil and seasoned it with salt, pepper & coconut aminos.

Plan on leftovers if you are make this recipe as is... which I'm definitely not complaining about. I will say this though, as I was cracking all 8 of the eggs that this soup required I was praying that it was going to turn out good. All I kept thinking about was dollar signs and how I didn't want to waste our nearly $5.00 a dozen eggs. Lucky for me it all ended well. I guess that's the risk you take when experimenting with new dishes.

fyi... when I make this again I wouldn't use all 8 eggs as I don't think it needed that many (but that could just be me)


Ingredients:

1 Diced Onion
2 Stalks Celery (organic- as this veggie is highly recommended)
1 Tbs Coconut Oil
1 tsp Coconut Aminos
8 Cups Chicken Broth (paleo friendly)
2 tsp Sesame Oil
8 Eggs (beaten) or less if you prefer
2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2-1 tsp Pepper
2 Tbs Green Onion (for garnish)


Instructions:
Add your coconut oil to a stock pot and warm over medium heat. Saute your onions and celery until soft.



Add the chicken broth, coconut aminos, salt, pepper, and sesame oil.


Now bring to a boil.


Gently stir the soup while slowly pouring your beaten eggs.



Serve with chopped chives for a tasty and easy soup on a cold "spring" day here in Chicago. 


(recipe courtesy of paleo-aholic)

No comments:

Post a Comment