Saturday, March 9, 2013

Raw Almond Coconut Cacao Nib Bites

I'm super excited to share this latest treat recipe with you that I found.... It's by far my favorite treat to date! There's no baking required, and minimal mess which is alway a bonus as well. I know you all will love this one (compliments of ohladycakes.com)

Raw Almond Coconut Cacao Nib Bites

Ingredients:

1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (I found this at Whole Foods for $2.99 I believe)
3/4 Cup Raw Almonds
Pinch of Himalayan Salt
8 Medjool Dates, pitted (Trader Joes)
3 Tbs Raw Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
1/4 Cup Cacao Nibs (I found organic cacao nibs at Whole Foods- they were $6.99 for the bag I believe/ a splurge but well worth it)

Instructions:
In a food processor, or a high speed blender (I used our trusty Ninja which has been taking a beating lately) blend your coconut, 1/2 Cup of your almonds, and sea salt into a fine meal.

Almonds
Organic Unsweetened Coconut Flakes


Add your dates and pulse for an additional 30 to 45 seconds.


Next, add your milk either coconut or almond and pulse until combined.


Transfer the mixture to a small mixing bowl and set to the side.


Coarsely chop your remaining almonds and stir into your mixture, along with your cacao nibs.



Using a small spoon- I used a Tbs as a guide to make them mostly the same size... I rolled the mixture into balls with my hands. Drop the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.



Transfer your cookies to an air tight container and keep in the freezer... these are so good, they won't last very long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment