Saturday, March 2, 2013

Paleo Fish Sticks

I stumbled upon this recipe thanks to my new favorite addiction titled Pinterest. My friend Jackie convinced me that Pinterest was definitely for me, let's just say she was right. What better way is there to organize your "intentions" let me ask you? I highly recommend starting an account for those of you who haven't yet, if even only for recipes... it's very much worth your time.

Anyways, this fish stick recipe is a hit at our household mostly for two reasons. Reason one being that the ingredients required to make this dish are so minimal it's crazy. Reason two is this is a great quick meal, that actually tastes fantastic. 

(Recipe courtesy of Elana's Pantry)

Fish Sticks
Ingredients:
1 Pound Wild Caught White fish of your choice (I opted for Trader Joes Wild Caught Cod- which was fantastic both times I made this)
1 Egg (Cage Free/Free Range Organic if possible)
1 Cup Almond Meal (Trader Joes is very reasonable for this)
1 tsp Sea Salt (or Pink Himalayan Sea Salt)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Grapeseed Oil (Trader Joes just recently started carrying this, I believe the bottle was $3.49 and totally worth it)

Instructions:

Rinse your fish fillets in cold water and set to the side.


Cut your fish into fish stick size pieces.


Crack your egg and whisk it a bit in a small bowl and set to the side. Mix your almond flour and salt on a large plate and set that to the side as well.



Put 2 Tbs of your grapeseed oil and 2 Tbs of your olive oil in a large skillet and heat your oil on medium high. Dip your fish into your egg, then onto your almond meal covered plate, making sure to have a nice coating on the entire piece. Now place your battered fish into your hot pan piece by piece.


Be sure to not crowd your pan. If need be do this in two batches, depending on the size of your skillet. The fish should only cook for a few minutes on each side, flip carefully. Plate your paleo fish sticks and enjoy. (If you feel the need for tarter sauce, simply take your homemade mayo and relish and mix together). I feel these have a good enough flavor to be savored alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment