Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Paleo Power Bars


For those of you who joined us this past Saturday for our Team Wod these were included in what I brought for everyone to sample...

Now I will admit that melted chocolate (which the recipe called for) would have made these outstanding they are still pretty good and extremely easy to make. I'm a huge fan of coconut so that's what drew me in when I was reading the ingredients on this one. These are great to grab for a pre or post workout snack or maybe a sweet treat after dinner...


 Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Honey (Raw)
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup of ea. Unsalted Pumpkin Seeds (I left these out as I didn't have them)
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/2 Cup Ground Flaxseeds
1/2 Cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds (I used whole since we didn't have sliced)
1/4 Cup of Dried Fruit (of your choice, I used dried apricots) (Be sure to check ingredients for added sugar)
3 Tbsp of Coconut Flour


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350f, line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Beat honey, eggs with a fork in a small bowl.


  Mix dry ingredients in another bowl.


Mix wet and dry, then put in a food processor and pulse ( a few times til evenly moist).


Transfer dough to baking pan; and press into even layer. Bake for about 17-20 minutes or until edges are browned.


Let Cool & Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment