Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Tips For Packing A Paleo Lunch

Ever hear the expression I'm brown bagging it?

Allow those words to be your best friend when it comes to staying on the right track to a healthy and happy life... Unfortunately we live in a world where every corner houses a Taco Hell, McDonald's or a Burger King. It sickens me to see the cars wrapped around the building just waiting to place their order come noon.

Well... what am I supposed to eat for lunch you ask? A Paleo lunch of course.

Eating a paleo breakfast and dinner tends to be much easier than eating a paleo lunch I find... whether you are a full time office employee, an on the go sales person or even a stay at home mom paleo lunches can be difficult. Below I compiled a list of helpful tips when packing a paleo lunch...

  • TUPPERWARE (a sore subject at our house as Kyle seems to think only I am the one who misplaces them) YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH TUPPERWARE!!!! I find that having a good variety of sizes is always helpful too, since you may need to bring anything from oil and vinegar for a salad, to paleo chili that you made last night.
  • PLAN AHEAD Try cooking extra at dinner so that you can bring leftovers the next day. Every Saturday or Sunday have a few hours where you cook food for the upcoming week's lunches. Crock pot recipes are a great option for those busy weekends. And the number one rule I ALWAYS stand by is make your lunch the night before- this way you're not scrambling around in the morning and just grabbing what's easy.
  • GO FOR CONVENIENCE when leftovers just aren't an option... A can of tuna with an avocado is my go to lunch when all else fails. If tuna isn't your thing there's always salads (the traditional lettuce salads/ chicken salads/ egg salads), lettuce wraps, egg muffins or omelets. Who says eggs are only for breakfast? Great snacks that I always keep handy at work is fruit, nuts, veggies, home made paleo bars etc.
  •  
By brown bagging a paleo lunch I find no need to be racing to the coffee machine, or chugging a five hour energy drink come three o clock when the rest of the office is crashing. And that is reason is enough for me...

1 comment:

  1. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next..



    healthly meals

    what is paleo

    paleo guide

    ReplyDelete